Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

The weather around here has been a little off the wall. We were expected to get a major snow storm this last Friday. The city practically shut down to brace for the storm. Schools were cancelled, city offices were closed, and all social, civic, and sporting events were posponed--and guess what... All that happened was rain (a light rain all day).

Isn't that always the case? I think that is how most of us tend to live our everyday lives. Someone once told me that FEAR stood for: False Evindence Appearing Real. We tend to worry so much about things we think are going to happen that we make it much worse in our minds than what the outcome usually is. Now don't get me wrong preparation is not a bad thing, I think the city made a statement that they were using "an overabundance of caution" to make sure their citizens stayed safe--caution is good, but faith is much greater. So as someone who comes from a long line of stressed out souls~I am working on it, or I should say God is working on me.

After all the hype--two days later without much notice we did finally get some snow. The girls were so excited that we had to let them run outside in their pj's and jackets to at least say they made a snow ball. We decided to take a day and go skiing. It was wonderful up at the ski resort! Buck and I made a "date" of it.


No comments: