Monday, July 30, 2007



Another Awesome Week Serving the Lord...

Well, as many of you already know--Buck went to Florida for another Summer Camp he had the privilege to work with... While he was away I decided to go with our Youth to build a house in Mexico. Wow What an awesome experience, even though I wasn't able to stay the entire week (I had to get back to work) I was able to spend several days with them. It was the most physically intense ministry I have ever experienced... BUT I think the Kingdom impact it had, not only on the family we blessed but the kids themselves, was even more intense... Things got tough (we had to pour the concrete for the foundation with buckets and wheelbarrows)but when we got to sit down and tell the stories of the impact it had on their lives, as well as our own, it was truly amazing. We changed a family's life forever... and really when that family looks back they wont remember our names just Jesus. Jesus though the sweat, blood, and tears of some teenagers that sacrificed a week of their summer to serve HIM. How cool is that?

1 Peter 4:1-2 "So then, since Christ suffered physical pain, you must arm yourselves with the same attitude he had, and be ready to suffer, too. For if you have suffered physically for Christ, you have finished with sin."

I was reading a blog of a friend of ours and the question on his mind was this: Are you living a life worth telling stories about? Without a doubt I would say these awesome teenagers I get to serve could answer that question without hesitation... But what about the rest of us?

1 comment:

Conks247 said...

Sounds like fun-wish I could have been there!