Monday, October 09, 2006





Well we have had a pretty busy week! Buck taught a Connections 101 class at the church on Wednesday night, then he spoke at the Men's Ministry Friday night. He asked if I would sing that evening and I agreed (although I was pretty nervous--I have never sang solo, much less acapella... But I did it!!) Finally, we dedicated Isaiah at church on Sunday morning. Buck's brother and parents were in town, and a bunch of my family members were there. Pastor Kurt did an amazing job tying in my Jewish heratige into the ceremony, in fact he anoited Isaiah with oil. My father and grandmother were pleased with the ceremony--both of whom are still Jewish. Seeing both sides of our family from such different backgrounds come together to witness Isaiah's dedication made me stop and praise God for his goodness and mercy... That Jew and Gentile could come together and worship him and glorify his name.

"O come, let us sing unto the Lord: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms. For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods . . . 0 come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our maker" (Psalms 95:1-3, 6).

No comments: