Thursday, November 16, 2006

Being the mother of three small children under the age of 6, I seem to always make a grand entrance into grocery stores and shopping malls. I usually get the pitiful looks from women whose comments go something like this: “Oh bless your heart! I am sure you have your hands full!” or “Do you and your husband own a T.V?” I usually laugh it off and wonder what all the fuss is about. However, this week has been a challenge.

In the course of a couple of days I have been in the doctors office twice, several late night episodes of crying, whining and the like, and well not to get too graphic, enough uncontrollable stomach ailments— that I am starting to think that my choice of carpet colors was not the best!

I was feeling pretty sorry for myself, not to mention a little envious of my husband’s life. Why should he get all the glamorous jobs? Preaching, retreats, luncheons, seminars – while I am changing pull-ups, cleaning up spit up, and doing the never ending pile of laundry? Where is the justice in that? I thought God was no respecter of persons?? I mean I was called into this life of ministry too, right?

Well into my pity party God showed up. Believe me, I understand, I am daily cleaning up my children from the dirtiness of this world, and they too whine and complain while I pick up the pieces of their lives! Ouch, am I one of those children? Party over!

Philippains 4:11-13

I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

So I am back to enjoying my season of life, I know that God has something big in store for our family. If all I was put on this earth to do is to see that my children become doers of the word and to help my husband be the leader that he was called to be, then so be it. I am here to serve him- not my pride. Plus, watching my kids from the rear view mirror raising their hands and singing at the top of their lungs to Jesus is pretty cool—in fact its down right awesome.


No comments: